Here are the ten reasons why SSA Jennifer “JJ” Jareau from Criminal Minds(2005-) is a feminist character:
- FBI Agent Jennifer “JJ” Jareau is a profiler for the BAU team where she catches serial killers. JJ used to work on the team as a police and media liaison where she made sure the profiler’s needs and message were understood.
- JJ attended Georgetown University where she got inspired to join the FBI from one of her future teammates Rossi’s lectures.
- SSA Jareau works as a profiler while her husband ex New Orleans Detective William LaMonagne Jr looks after their two young sons Henry and Michael at home.
- For a brief time, JJ worked for the Department of Defense helping track down terrorists in Afghanistan. Jareau was caught in a explosion during that time and lost her baby.
- Jennifer rescued her eldest son Henry from a female unsub who was holding him captive at their house. She was able to use her hand to hand fighting skills to get the gun.
- JJ struggles with the suicide of her older sister Rosaline back when the agent was only eleven.
- Jennifer played soccer in High School expertly enough to earn a sports scholarship to the University of Pittsburgh.
- When JJ became pregnant with Henry she played music for him while they were discussing their grisly cases so the baby could not hear it.
- JJ is a fan of the Washington Redskins along with liking Cheetos. She played on-line scrabble with one of her teammates Prentiss when the other agent was in hiding under the screen name “CheetoBreath”.
- SSA Jareau is excellent at darts.