Here are the ten reasons why Joss Carter from Person of Interest is a feminist character:
- Jocelyn a.k.a. Joss Carter is a NYPD Police Detective who helps Team Machine save people.
- Joss served in the U.S. Army first as a Warrant Officer in an air base in Afghanistan, then in Iraq where she worked as a top interrogator.
- Carter earned a Purple Heart in 2oo4.
- Detective Carter could of been a lawyer, but decided to stick to being in the NYPD after passing the bar.
- Joss is a single mother of a teenage son named Taylor.
- Joss Carter went to Middleton University.
- Detective Carter died after taking down HR, which is an organization full of corrupt cops like Simmons.
- HR framed Joss so the rest of her department thought she had shot a unarmed criminal, which got her demoted to being a police officer. Carter was able to clear her name and reveal all the corrupt cops.
- Joss Carter refused to let her ex-husband Paul see Taylor until he got counseling for his PTSD. She was forced to pull a gun on her ex after he tried to hang out with their son.
- Carter figured out for herself that Finch and Reese were working with a super computer a.k.a. AI who were giving them social security numbers of potential victims or criminals.