Here are the ten reasons why Piper Halliwell from Charmed is a feminist character:
- Piper Halliwell is a chef along with being one of the Charmed Ones/ special brand of witches with her sisters. Halliwell can access The Power of Three when the witch is with her sisters Prue, Phoebe and/or Paige Matthews. The sisters protect the innocent with their powers.
- Individually Piper has the ability to manipulate time by freezing a moment or speeding one up to point that there are explosions.
- The witch can do basic magic: casting spells from the Book of Shadows, brew potions, scrying for lost things and diving information.
- Piper has owned the Halliwell’s restaurant and a nightclub called P3.
- Halliwell lives in her childhood home with her whole family (sisters,children, and husband).
- Piper Halliwell is married to the former immortal Leo Wyatt and has three magic filled children Wyatt,Chris and Melinda Halliwell. The witch is a loving protective mother to her children.
- One of Piper’s greatest fear is losing a sister, which happened when Prue died saving the world from the demon Shax. The middle/eldest Halliwell also remains scared of spiders, chaos and losing a child.
- Piper Halliwell is the glue that holds the family together with her humor, cynical mindset, and confident leadership.
- For a long time Piper worked at a bank because she thought it was more important to make lots of money to help out the family instead of following her dreams of cooking. The middle Halliwell had always been her Grandmother’s best helper when she was young.
- Piper became a fury for a short time because of the anger she felt over Prue’s death. Halliwell hated that her older sister left her.