Since all of the the CW Network’s DC television shows are over for the season, I wanted to explore all of my feminist wishes for their next seasons. Especially with the four way crossover event that the Executives have announced:
- I hope that when Felicity Smoak and Oliver Queen get back together they have a true partnership like the tech genius wanted. I hope that Olicity gets married next season, but only if the couple have a respectful, honest and loving relationship. Especially since Felicity broke off the engagement because Oliver didn’t tell her about William. I don’t want the series to erase all of Smoak’s concerns so the couple can be romantically linked again.
- DC’s Legends of Tomorrow’s team is very male centric now that Sara Lance is the only woman on board. I hope that the two new passengers on the Waverider are women. We now know that the Justice Society will be part of the universe so I hope Stargirl is one of the new members. I loved Courtney Whitmore a.k.a. Stargirl on Smallville.
- I want Iris West to become more of a Lois Lane type to Barry Allan/The Flash’s Superman. I would love to see Iris West become a vital part of taking down the meta-humans, then writing a peabody winning story about it.
- Sara Lance should have a girlfriend next season especially since we have already explored her being in a heterosexual one. The White Canary has only really flirted with women, kissed a 1950’s nurse or had some stolen moments with Nyssa her ex-girlfriend on screen (which some of you have reminded me was a semi-toxic love),while we have witnessed a full fledged romance with Oliver Queen. I totally respect that Sara Lance’s attraction to men does not take away from her being a LGBTQ character, but there are plenty of f/m romances on these DC TV shows and no f/f ones.
- Dr. Caitlin Snow using S.T.A.R. Labs not to just take down meta-humans, but to rehabilitate them using her knowledge as a bio-chemist. I would love to see Snow become the new head of the Lab, then bring the company back to its former glory.
- I hope that Kara Danvers brings Cat Grant into the secret. The Supergirl finale told us that she would be a vital part of the Super Team. I loved the mentor/friendship moments between the two women, so I think Cat knowing that Kara is Supergirl would deepen their relationship.
- Simply more Alex and Kara Danvers fighting next to one another. I adore the great sisterly bond the two heroes have.
- The actresses from Supergirl have talked about Alex becoming Bat Woman, which would make my day.
- During the four-way crossover episodes, Felicity Smoak and Sara Lance go on a mission together aboard the Waverider maybe taking some bad guys down in the 1960s. I’m just guessing that crossover episode will take place on DC’s Legends of Tomorrow.
- Sara Lance deals with the loss of her sister the Black Canary, which leads to her really opening her heart to somebody. I want the White Canary to start to feel like a superhero instead of a broken down woman.