Here are the ten reasons why Tess Mercer from Smallville is a feminist character:
- Tess Mercer is a Harvard educated marine biologist who graduated when she was only seventeen years old.
- Tess was adopted, but it turns out that her father was Lionel Luthor so she was not an orphan until right before she took over LuthorCorp.
- Mercer became acting CEO of LuthorCorp and the Daily Planet first as Lex’s figurative and secretly literal eyes and ears, then to create something new after she learned of the Luthor’s betrayal.
- Tess will do anything that she can to protect Clark Kent and the rest of the Justice League. Mercer found a family in the hero group especially with Clark and Oliver.
- After Chloe disappeared, Tess took over as head of Watchtower since she had hacking and researching skills.
- Tess Mercer merged LuthorCorp with Queen Industries making her partners with Oliver Queen along with taking away an injured Lex’s control of his fortune.
- Tess figured out that Clark Kent was a super powered alien in one year when Lex Luthor never really figured out the truth.
- Though Tess Mercer became the head of a billion dollar corporation she cares deeply about all lives on Earth, which is why at first she sided with Zod and the Kandorians. Mercer believed Major Zod could save Earth from the human beings who were slowly destroying it.
- Tess Mercer is an expert in Aikido, Bo-Staff fighting, kick boxing and other forms of hand to hand combat. Mercer was able to overpower the Kandorian security guard that was sent to interrogate her.
- Even though Tess can be one tough cold hearted woman she still feels very deeply. Tess Mercer cried with Clark Kent after she realized that Lionel Luthor had left her at an orphanage.