Here are the ten reasons why Lana Lang from Smallville is a feminist character:
- Lana Lang founded the Isis Foundation to rehabilitate all of the Meteor infected that Lex Luthor, her ex-husband, experimented on. She also founded the Foundation to protect Clark Kent from Lex.
- Lana studied astronomy at Metropolis University to help her find out more about the aliens and the unique meteors that landed in Smallville.
- When Lana Luthor realized that Lex made her think she was pregnant to get her to marry him, then devastated his wife by creating a pretend miscarriage, Lana left him. She did not care that Lex Luthor never let his valuable property go.
- Lang had scientists fuse her with a Luthor Corp made Power suit that gave her the same abilities as Clark, so the future Superman could be with her without worrying about Lana’s safety.
- Lana chose the the lives of the people of Metropolis over her relationship with Clark Kent. Lana Lang absorbed a Kryptonite bomb, which fused the mineral to her body. She became poisonous to Kent, so they had to break up forever.
- Now Lana Lang protects villages in Africa as the vigilante Valkyrie or The Angel of the Plateau.
- Lana Lang lost her parents during the meteor shower that brought Clark a.k.a. Cal-El to Earth when she was three years old. Lang was raised by her Aunt Nell in Smallville.
- Lana is a caring person whose original believe that meta humans and aliens needed to be stopped for the safety of the human race bonded her with Lex Luthor.
- During high school, Lang managed the Talon coffee shop even living above it during her senior year.
- Lana Lang has some basic self defense training s0 she can protect herself against normal human beings.