Here are the ten reasons why I think Lois Lane from Smallville is a feminist character:
- Lois Lane was willing to give up the love of her life Clark Kent if it was the only way he could become Superman. She can be selfless went justice and public safety are on the line.
- Lane ran Jonathan Kent’s State Senatorial campaign and served as Chief Staff to State Senator Martha Kent.
- Lois has third degree black belt and went through some Navy Seal training since her father is a General in the U.S. Military.
- Before joining the staff of the Daily Planet, Lois Lane worked for the Metropolis Inquisitor.
- Lane and Clark Kent are reporting partners at the Daily Planet though Lois writes more articles than the superhero.
- Lois’s assertive and charming personality makes her the perfect reporter who will do anything to get to the truth. Lane even dressed up as a French Maid to sneak into the Luthor Mansion. The reporter’s abrasive tirades can also get people to relent just to have some peace.
- Lois Lane wears glasses to show an affectionate alliance with her husband Clark Kent who must wear them to keep up the secret of Superman.
- Lane teaches Clark Kent how to become a bumbling idiot so nobody could ever he could be Superman or the Blur. She doesn’t care if nobody understands why the bright beautiful award winning Lois Lane would ever be with anybody so banal.
- Lois Lane takes over any event with her witty lines and jokes.
- Lois Lane also serves as an investigator for the Justice League.