Here are the ten reasons why Amanda Rollins from Law and Order: Special Victims Unit is a feminist character:
- Detective Amanda Rollins deals with a gambling addiction that lead her to some problems with bookies, but never lets it interfere with her job.
- Rollins is like Annie Oakley as one of the NYPD gun re-certification trainers told her.
- Amanda Rollins is from Loganville, Georgia and since the detective was a child she always looks after her younger sister Kimberly. Kimberly Rollins has mental issues and drug addictions.
- Detective Rollins loves her dog Frannie who once helped catch a suspect in a park.
- Amanda has a bachelor’s degree in forensic science.
- Rollins can be doggard about a case when she has it figured out like an old serial rapist case in Georgia that turned out be connected to a series of ones in New York.
- Amanda Rollins slept with her commanding officer Deputy Chief Charles Patton in Georgia to save her littler sister from being sent to prison. The already blackmail type of sex turned into rape when Rollins did not like how rough Patton was getting. She left to New York after the rape. Detective Rollins helped another victim Detective Taymor by forcing their rapist into retirement.
- Amanda has a baby girl named Jesse Murphy.
- Detective Amanda Rollins loves the Braves baseball team.
- Amanda Rollins takes a bullet for her partner Detective Odafin Tutuola.