Here are the ten reasons why Iris West from The Flash is a feminist character:
- Iris West is a investigative journalist for the Central City Picture News.
- West continues to study for her Masters in psychology.
- Iris acts as a supportive best friend/foster brother for Barry Allen a.k.a. The Flash. West and Allen always give each other great advice.
- Iris West was trained to be able to throw a great punch at a early age by her father Detective Joe West.
- When The Flash first turned up, Iris started her own blog documenting everything the hero did. She was the first person outside of S.T.A.R. Labs to believe that the blur in all these crime photos was actually a superhero.
- In the original timeline of The Flash, Iris West Allen (she married Barry) wrote an article about her husband going missing after fighting Reverse-Flash.
- Iris West has a talent for analyzing evidence, which makes her a valuable reporter and Team Flash member.
- Iris West can be very stubborn, which is why the reporter stayed mad at her ex-fiance Eddie for a long time because she knew the detective was lying to her.
- Iris can be super charming, which helps her interview authority figures for Central City Picture News.
- On Earth Two, Iris West-Allen is a Police detective.