Here are the ten reasons why Laurel Lance from Arrow is a feminist character:
- Laurel Lance is the District Attorney for Star City.
- Laurel became the Black Canary after training hard under boxer/ex-crime fighter Ted Grant.
- Lance has always been helping save Starling/Star City. After law school, Laurel joined the City Necessary Resource Initiative (CNRI) a law firm that assists people in need.
- Laurel Lance also received training in hand to hand combat from Nyssa al Ghul who became the first female Leader of the League of Assassins.
- Laurel Lance dealt with drug addiction because of guilt over the death of her ex-boyfriend Tommy, but eventually got the help she needed to arise above it.
- The Black Canary along with the rest of Team Arrow saves Starling City from Ra Al Ghul and the League of Assassins.
- Laurel Lance is a talented intelligent lawyer and heroine who rescues the people of Star City within and outside the law.
- Laurel hates being told what to do especially by men like her father and Oliver who tried to stop her from becoming the Black Canary.
- Laurel Lance along with being a great hand to hand fighter also has great reflexes.
- The Black Canary has become a expert tonfa (sticks) fighter.