At first I was wary of the Xena Warrior Princess reboot especially since Lucy Lawless and Renee O’Connor won’t be starring in it. But I read that Xena and Gabrielle will be official romantic couple in the reboot so I am warming up. Here are my ten wishes for the 2017 reboot of Xena:
- Lucy Lawless and Renee O’Connor are featured at least in one episode where they play a married couple.
- The new Xena still uses the all powerful chakram as her main weapon and only she can use the ricochet object. Also that the warrior princess has a horse named Argo.
- For at least the first two seasons of the rebooted Xena Warrior Princess, Gabrielle is the mostly the peaceful bard who writes down the battles of Xena, which she spreads around creating a Lesbian historical figure. Though I would be happy if the female bard helped with forming some of the battle plans.
- I hope Xena really has to battle the demons of her past as a war lord who burned down many villages and killed innocents.
- The new openly romantic Xena and Gabby have fights, but they don’t break up permanently and neither one of them dies. I don’t think any of us Lesbian fans can take more queer ladies dying right now.
- The original Xena Warrior Princess is very playful with comedic, parody, romantic and meta episodes. I hope the new reboot has episodes with many different tones.
- I wish that Gabrielle will write about romantic scenes between her and Xena in the Xena Scrolls.
- The Xena reboot should either feature a new Callisto or a female character like her since I think Xena having to deal with a insane monster that she created by burning down villages with families in them creates interesting dynamics between good and evil.
- I want to see Xena a human female warrior defeat Aries the God of War over and over again like in the original.
- Lastly, I hope that while the reboot will of course be heavily influence by the original Xena Warrior Princess that the writers don’t try to copy whole episodes. Us fans can already watch those episodes, which could never be duplicated in a better way.