Here are the ten reasons why Major Samantha Carter from Stargate SG-1 (1997-2007) is a feminist character:
- Major Samantha Carter has a Ph.D. in theoretical astrophysics along with being a high ranking officer in the United States Air Force.
- Samantha Carter rose from a Captain at the start of Stargate SG-1 all the way up toLieutenant-Colonel. She eventually became the commander of the SG-1 team.
- Carter spent many years at the Pentagon getting the Stargate to work properly.
- Before Captain Sam Carter joined the Stargate project she logged over hundred hours in enemy airspace during the Gulf War. She is a talented pilot and great at hand to and hand combat.
- Major Sam Carter was briefly joined with the Tok’ra member Jolinar , which lead to them having an alliance with the Tok’ra. Along with Sam being able to detect a Goa’uld presence and being able to use their technology.
- Sam Carter is also an engineer who often figures out any problems around the Stargate or any kind of ancient technology. She’s considered the leading expert of alien technology.
- For a long time Major Samantha Carter served as a second in command of SG-1 team where she faithfully and bravely followed orders and successfully helped save many people from different worlds. She and the other members of the alpha team are very loyal to one another.
- Major Sam Carter and her commanding officer Colonel Jack O’Neill love each other, but they never let that effect missions or any part of their working relationship.
- Lieutenant Colonel Samantha Carter was in charge of the Atlantis Expedition for a year where she spent a lot of time in the field helping complete missions that had to do with the Wraith.
- Sam Carter likes to work on her motorcycles, play chess and fish.