For those of my readers who don’t know there going to be a new Star Trek series, I personally hope that its in the Star Trek: Original Series, Star Trek: Next Generation, Star Trek Voyager, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and Star Enterprise universe. I wouldn’t mind if it existed in any time in this universe including during the original Star Trek series.
Here are some of the female characters that I would like to see come back. I would’t mind if there were new actresses in the roles especially if they are younger or much older versions of themselves. The television Star Trek universe is so interconnected, characters from multiple series could be placed in the same show and work perfectly together:
- Counselor Deanna Troi (Marina Sirtis) from Star Trek: Next Generation could be a great character in the update universe if the series decides to explore the time when she is studying psychology on Betazoid while in a romantic relationship with a younger Will Riker during his first posting in Starfleet.
- Dr Beverly Crusher (Gates McFadden) from Star Trek: Next Generation during her early years in Starfleet going on adventures with a young Picard and her late husband Jack Crusher could be part of an adventurous series during a time in the Federation that nobody has explored on screen yet.
- Namoi Wildman (Scarlett Pomers) from Star Trek: Voyager was a young girl wanting to be the Captain’s Assistant last time we saw her. I think exploring the world of the children from the Star Trek series when their all grown up serving in Starfleet could be a fun way of re-entering the proper world of Star Trek in way that could show a more modern Starfleet, but not interfere with the history of whats been shown on screen.
- In the same vain of the young Miss Wildman, Miral Paris the quarter Klingon daughter of Lt. Thomas Paris and Lt. B’Elanna Torres who that last time we saw her was just being born on Voyager could be a vital part of the “all grown up” Star Trek series.
- Captain Kathryn Janeway (Kate Mulgrew) as a young Science Officer in a Star Trek series about the Starship Captains before they took the chair could really explore what in their careers made them ready to act as generals, ambassadors, explorers and be the emotional support of a whole crew.
- Major Kira Nerys (Nana Visitor) during the years she was in charge of the space base Deep Space Nine could be a way to have another female captain, but also have other Starfleet personal from the past and future come into the series seamlessly.
- For Lt Commander Jadzia Dax (Terry Farrell) the new series could re-write part of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, so she is still alive and serving as a Captain or Admiral in Starfleet. Hopefully Terry Farrell could pay Dax again so the fans have the whole experience of one of the best characters in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
- Commander T’Pol (Jolene Balock) from Star Trek: Enterprise could be the perfect first Vulcan Female Captain to be featured as one of the main characters. Vulcans live a long time and age differently than humans, so T’Pol could be placed anywhere between the prequel Star Trek: Enterprise and the original Star Trek series.
If you want to see this list with pictures and links to the actresses IMBD pages go to this link: http://www.imdb.com/list/ls033228309/