Here are the ten reasons why Nicolette Grant from Big Love is a feminist character:
- Nicolette “Nicky” Grant loves her family and will do anything to protect them. This trait can get Nicky into trouble like when spied on the D.A. for her father the cult leader Roman Grant.
- Nicki is very skilled at fixing household appliances. When the third sister wive Maragene breaks her washing machine, Grant is the one charged with finding a solution to whatever was wrong with the machine.
- Grant can use a firearm to protect her family.
- After Nicki Grant realized that her father Roman Grant was a fake prophet who abused everybody on the Juniper Creek Compound, she started helping out at a shelter where women and children from the Polygamous compound come for safety.
- Nicki wants power tools not jewelry for her birthday.
- Nicki Grant can be very selfish and cold, but she does everything she can to assure her biological children have a great life. Nicolette Grant even sends her oldest son Wayne to a private Catholic School because it was the best in the area.
- Nicolette believes in “the principle” meaning polygamy, so she treats the children from all the marriages like her own. Nicky gives sound advice to everybody who comes to her like Sarah the eldest child. She tells her not to sleep with her boyfriend Scott because he is pressuring her.
- Nicki helped look after Barb the first wive and the children when she was sick with cancer.
- When Nicolette Grant did not want children she took birth control pills even though it was her turn in the family to be pregnant.
- Toward the end of the series Nicki Grant is able to assimilate out of compound life enough to start wearing her own style.