” You know who there are tall women who don’t mind dating shorter guys? I don’t mind you’re dumb and Don, I mean that.” – Sloan Sabbith
Note: I think that Sloan Sabbith is one of my favorite feminist characters on The Newsroom here are the reasons why:
- Sloan Sabbith is one of the smartest people at ACN with a extremely high IQ and two PhDs in economics from Duke University.
- Sloan still teaches at Columbia University and goes to Economic conferences.
- Sloan Sabbith never uses her looks to get ahead. Mac McHale assigns Sloan as economic advisor on New Night because she is both beautiful and intelligent.
- Sloan always stands up for what’s right morally. She tells her viewers if a stock is immoral even if its doing extremely well in the market.
- Even Mac Mackenzie whose extremely intelligent has a hard time understanding stocks. Sloan Sabbith must explain economic issues to her.
- Sloan Sabbith has gone through the most change in the series. She has gone from just anchoring a small afternoon Economic show to subbing for Elliot who runs the 10 o’clock news and being part of panels at News Night that are not just about Economics.
- Sloan Sabbith is both socially awakard and funny.
- Will McAvoy and Sloan Sabbith are like siblings. She always supports Will and tells him when he does something stupid.
- Sloan Sabbith is loyal to everybody on the News Night team.
- When Sloan Sabbith and Don Keefer finally start dating she doesn’t let him take her stock tips so they won’t be white collar criminals. Also, like the quote above she is the smartest person in the relationship.
- Sloan Sabbith wears the pants in her relationship with Don Keefer in many ways.
- Sloan Sabbith helped save ACN from a hostile takeover from Reese Lancing’s half siblings.
Please follow my blog MAE and spread the word about it.